not able to find a datasheet

m4lyg0s

Joined Apr 17, 2014
hello there

i was searching for a led laser datasheed , it is made in china so i did have little expectation but well want to know if someone have it, or found it in the past.

the code is ll3r (another one is ll3r-cl) does anyone have it? it will help me to make a laser driver , i tried 3 led drivers circuits in the net for operating it and well all my leds blow away...

physically has 3 pins (like the lens from dvd burners)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The only way you would ever blow a LED away is connecting it to a supply without a current limiting resistor. What made you think you could do this and get away with it?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's a standard 3pin laser emitter, with two power pins and the third pin is an output signal used to control the laser light power level.

They are a standard pinout, so data from any 3pin laser diode emitter should give you the pinout connections.

To drive it (for hobby use) the only thing you really need to know is its max continuous current, then drive it with a constant current source on the two power pins and ignore the third pin.
:)

m4lyg0s

Joined Apr 17, 2014
Are the only serial/part/identification numbers on the part ll3r or 113r-cl or are there any other indicators?
no :/

The only way you would ever blow a LED away is connecting it to a supply without a current limiting resistor. What made you think you could do this and get away with it?
i know that is why i have a resistor with the led (330 ohm 1W)

It's a standard 3pin laser emitter, with two power pins and the third pin is an output signal used to control the laser light power level.

They are a standard pinout, so data from any 3pin laser diode emitter should give you the pinout connections.

To drive it (for hobby use) the only thing you really need to know is its max continuous current, then drive it with a constant current source on the two power pins and ignore the third pin
yes reading those control circuits i find they all use just 2 pins, when i use 2 pins (that show i have to connect) the laser wont turn on, and when i connect all of them, well it blows away XD

as a side note i am testing these circuits with a protoboard , the problem may lay there? (there is conection between led laser and driver circuit btw)

thanks for your cooperation