Norton Theory please help - Much appreciated

jaysingh123

Joined Nov 13, 2011
Hi all,

I have come across a question about Nortons theory. I understand how to get INorton and RNorton and also the R3Load(whihc is given). However I have been asked to find the power dissipated through R2(On original circuit) by using Norotns Theorom.

I have attached a diagram of the Nortons Equivelant Circuit and Also the Original Circuit. What I want to know is how to calculate Power Dissipated through R2(Not the load resistor).

I know I can work this out by using Kirchoffs theory or Mcmillans, however my teacher has said to me it needs to be worked out using Nortons theory.

I need to know how I obtain the voltage through R2 and also the 320Ma that go's through the resistor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I found this thread in "the completed projects" forum, where it will stay invisible.
As it says it is for completed projects and not for asking questions.
I moved it over here and made it visible to the others.

Bertus

jaysingh123

Joined Nov 13, 2011
I have read the theory on that link a few days ago. I t does not tell you hw to work out the voltage or current through R2 (non load) by using a Nortons Theory.

I can easily find it out by doing Kirchoff;s theory, however I need to find it out by using Nortons theory.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Using Norton's permits you to calculate the total current flowing through the parallel combination of resistors. This total current divides among the three resistors as the ratio of each of their admittances to their total admittance.

hgmjr