Noise reduction Circuit

Siyom

Joined Aug 9, 2012
I'm designing a ciruit that needs a stable reference voltage hence i need to cancell out any noise,i was thinking of using analogue Differential Amplifiers but am not sure if that will achieve the voltage stability that i need,its for a DC voltage.
thanks in advance

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Depends on what you mean by stable reference voltage and noise.

It would help if you told us your application.

There are literally thousands of 3-terminal devices available such as LM385, LM4040.
Also look at LM399 which is a temperature stabilized precision voltage reference.

Siyom

Joined Aug 9, 2012
I need the voltage reference for Dual slope integrator,So basically this design is for a digital multimeter and hence i need as minimal noise as possible around the circuit,i was hping people could suggest a the best noise cancelling ciruit out there

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
IMHO, the term "canceling" implies an active application of an opposing signal. I think noise elimination is more what you're after?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Why use a sophistocated, high speed, expensive, complicated, noise cancelling circuit when a 10 cent capacitor could do the job?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Maybe you are asking the wrong question. There is noise in every circuit, not just the voltage reference.

So maybe the question ought to be:

"How do I build a dual-slope analog-to-digital converter with an input range of 0-X Volts and resolution of Y Volts" - where you specify X Volts and Y Volts.

Siyom

Joined Aug 9, 2012
I need a negative reference voltage hence DC to DC converters produce noisy signal thats why i need noise elimination

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I need a negative reference voltage hence DC to DC converters produce noisy signal thats why i need noise elimination
Dc-DC converters produce EMI (electrmagnetic interference) which is not what is typically called "noise", although it does induce noise into other circuits. Eliminating, containing and shielding EMI is a whole different science.