Nodal Analysis with a FET

Engin_Nerd

Joined Oct 22, 2010
I'm trying to do nodal analysis of a DC circuit that uses a mosfet and want to compare my results to what I would get using PSPICE....how do I do this?

If i was to remove the FET from the schematic what would I use to replace it for the circuit to behave the same (for the analysis). BTW the fet i'm using is a 2n7002.

Thanks in advance.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
For your MOSFET circuit when the Micro 5V signal is in high state (5V).
You can treat MOSFET as a short circuit.
As long as the drain current does not exceed 75mA you can treat your MOSFET as switch with Ron = 3.5Ω.

And when the Micro 5V signal is in low state then you can remove the MOSFET form your circuit.

Last edited:

Engin_Nerd

Joined Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for the

When you treat it like a switch, do you need to consider the 5v from the micro? that was confusing me...

Also when I want to know the rise time and fall time do I use this equation:
V(t) = Vo*(1-(e^(t/T))

When I used this equation i got a rise time in nano-seconds, but pspice gave me a rise time in micro-seconds..i'm a bit lost about how to do this.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Thanks for the

When you treat it like a switch, do you need to consider the 5v from the micro? that was confusing me...
Yes, you can ignore the 5v from the micro.
Also when I want to know the rise time and fall time do I use this equation:
V(t) = Vo*(1-(e^(t/T))
Yes
When I used this equation i got a rise time in nano-seconds, but pspice gave me a rise time in micro-seconds..i'm a bit lost about how to do this.
Hmm, the rise time is defined as
tr 2.2RC
So for your circuit
tr 2.2* 770Ω*26nF ≈ 45μs for load
And Tr 2.2 *740Ω*13nF ≈ 22μs for ADC input.