no clock input but counter still at '1' state :(

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
please see this circuit , in multsim when i am not applying clock input to the first flip flop the counter state is '000' however when i've designed this circuit on bread board and didn't apply a clock the circuit state is '111'

why is this happening :(

Attachments

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
please read that thread too, both are the different issues, in the previous thread i asked why the counter is counting down and in this thread the issue is different , the circuit is counting down in multisim but not working on bread board properly.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Same circuit, should be same thread. The moderators will decide.

I didn't study the schematic with precision, but anytime you deal with a similar circuit you should post in the original thread instead of splattering the board. I answered your other thread, I'll take any other problems there too.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Are you even getting a clock to chips? Eliminate your input and simplify it down do a simple clock.

I have drawn up a complete solution to your 4 switch problem in the other thread (referenced to post #2 here).

If your input circuit is not working then why would the rest work? This is why I tried to get you to put the threads together, your problems are related.