NiMH

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009

No Zapping for now
..I will blow them after making a safety room sort of place...
I will keep them till I can actually see what happens when I zap 'em. :D
Better to be save than sorry!

Could be some app that HP plotters use. Actually, we have a Designjet, picture, at work. I will check the desktop connected to that for useful apps tomorrow.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey thanks.
I did not know I can open them with corel :p
I can view em now....

It's a NiMH and NiCad Cell Charger/discharger/Maintenance thingy

It's one cool Charger.

{ed}
Much thanks to all...I will document it to a complete project. But first I need to buy the charger Chip.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

That is funny, the charger uses the ics1702, the same IC I used in my charger.

Here is the datasheet of the chip.

Bertus

Attachments

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi R!f@@, Just got up & checked here & cant believe howmany pages. You only flash 12V on the battery to get rid of small internal shorts NOT get the battery hot:eek:. Here in Aus Silicon Chip magazine had a project for zapping NiCads a few years ago. It automaticly pulsed a DC voltage across the Nicad to remove small dendrites or whiskers that can grow internaly. After mutch thaught after heating & freezing perhaps they should be commited to the bin, after all they are not expensive.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have the data bertus, thanks though.

@debe....
U know these AAC folks tend to blab a lot when we are asleep, I too took a little nap.
I have NiMH not nicads...

Talk about expensive....I can't even get these here, I bought a couple of cells for a lousy buck on ebay. It did their part a few months and started hitting the rag just recently.
Problem is when buying on ebay I don't know how long the battery has been in a discharged state.

Can any one tell where to get brand new NiMH. I am willing to spend some more if I can get brand new cells.

Then I will leave these to make some cell bombs.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hello,

That is funny, the charger uses the ics1702, the same IC I used in my charger.

Here is the datasheet of the chip.

Bertus
Did you have a schema for the one you built, if you do I like to see it, if you don't mind sharing :D

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
These are what i use Aus $2.50 ea. They dont self discharge. I get em from WES COMPONENTS based in Sydney & are the largest suplier in Aus to the electronic repair industry. Check there site out you may be able to get an acount with them.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Energizer has their AA Ni-MH cells made in Japan, maybe by Sanyo. They are also pre-charged and the charge lasts almost one year. They are also 2300mAh.
They also cost about $2.50 each when on sale.

Sanyo battery cells are sold in hobby stores all over the world but I have never seen their Eneloop ones.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi Audioguru, The Sanyo Eneloop as far as i know was there first precharged & long shelf life. When i first purchased them some years ago they were double the price. The Beston brand is what I buy now as they are cheaper than the Sanyo product & apear to do the job just as well.