NiMH

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Ni-Cad cells built slivers of metal inside which shorted them. A powerful ZAP burned away a sliver so the battery cell could be used again until another sliver was made inside.

I have used Energizer Ni-MH cells for many years and never had a shorted one and never had one go bad.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Agree with post #18.

I changed to NiMh AA cells in a cheap camera because it complained about low batteries all the time. After 94 flash pictures, the NiMh batteries measured 1.25 volts and the camera quit complaining about low batteries because the NiMH batteries could provide the flash charging current without losing much voltage. Anyway, 1.25V is more than the "nominal" or "advertised" rating, well into the use cycle.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Thanks guys....I should have known...

I did zap them, it got a little hot.

I was thinking abt hydrogen bomb :eek:

I zapped 4 cells a couple of times and 3 of em started to charge,

but some how I did kept on thinking if this cell in my hand blew like a hydrogen bomb, It would take out the whole Island :D, and I wouldn't feel a thing.
When the cells started to heat up, I hesitated. Something behind this brain of mine kept telling me to stop it then. But my curiosity always gets the better of me....

So, I put all of 'em in the freezer...they are chilling now :p

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A ZAP is only for a moment to burn out the sliver of metal that forms in an old Ni-Cad cell. It lasts for such a short duration that the cell doesn't get warm.

Are your SONY Japanese Ni-MH cells actually fake "SONI" cheap Chinese Ni-Cad cells?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Funny hydrogen talk! LMAO!

NiMH cells produce oxygen as a by-product of over charging. They can survive the gas pressure at C/10 rate, but not higher, then the end pops off (according to a photo I saw on the internet). No point in generating oxygen because no useful charging happens in that range.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
No freezin........:eek:
Hoooooooooly S****

All of 'em had icicles, like that in batman movie...Mr.Freeeeeeze

Ran downstairs, took them out, now they thawing

Can any one help in opening the attached schema's...I dunno what that extension is.

Attachments

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Too funny!

I knew that's what you wanted, but I thought maybe you don't use Windows, then you'd have to go find a copy of Winzip to unzip them. If you have Windows, do what Kermit said.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Are u both stupid or acting, or am I the stupid one here

I know what are winzip and rar files, for crying out loud I uploaded them.

Just unzip those files and see what the extension is. It is supposed to be some kind of schematic file like used in eagle..

The files inside the archive is not eagle files, infact I do not know about that extension. It's suppose to be some kind of circuit / pcb software

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It was from a german site.

Bertus showed me some reflex charger, so I googled and got a pdf containing NiMH, NiCD, SLA.. batteries rejuvinator sort of thingy.
And in the pdf there is no diagram but everything else.
So I went to that site, translated it and downloaded the schema's.

Here is the site
U have to translate it.

The charger/rejuvenator they claim seems quite good. So I thought I'd try it to see if I can get my NiMH's back to life

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I can not find the files on this site. But if you have the schema... I don't get it.

No Zapf-ing...?

No Zapping for now
..I will blow them after making a safety room sort of place...
I will keep them till I can actually see what happens when I zap 'em. :D

As for finding files from tht site, I dunno how to tell u but I too took a while before I got the zip files

My problem is how can I view those files. What app uses tht HP plotter thingy?