Nice German Caps

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I have been bamboozled. :eek:

I bought some nice good quality German caps for my crossover with some other components.

One component stood out from the rest. :p

Close up

Now what ?
I am opening a dispute, Me want me money back. :mad:

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
:eek: :mad: !!!

I would ask nicely for my money back, explaining that you did not expect / will not accept used Mdse,
Then if I got my $$ I would blacklist the hell out of the seller / shipper... and publish the photo of the junk...

Last edited:

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
where did you buy them?
Wasn't there a photo?
How much did you pay?

Besides, they look a bit crappy really, solder not removed.

Are there more such items at this place?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ay! Caramba! Sue! Demand blood.
Hee ! Hee ! Hee ! :D

Sadly they are from china. I got them from a lot of different value caps from one seller. All others were brand new.
The picture in the listing did not show any damage so I bought them.
I asked for new ones or refund.
I checked ebay for these. If I get the money I will buy from Ebay.

PS. I think you can see my user name below, I was the only guy who fell for it.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What are complaining about? People pay big money for well broken in parts. You should be happy. :)

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Ahh, quit your grumbling.

Most of them still seem to have two legs. That's "top quality" in China.

On a more serious note; the severe melting of the bottoms of the caps shows how they were removed from the PCBs, by floating the PCB on a liquid solder bath. Cooking the sh|t out of it. They didn't even remove the parts from the PCBs respectfully.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I am quite impressed that someone have taken the time to remove those components. I suspect they have used a blow blowtorch. And then selling them for about 3 dollars to a poor naive soul (they only needed one:p). Still making a profit

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
Ahh, quit your grumbling.

Most of them still seem to have two legs. That's "top quality" in China.

On a more serious note; the severe melting of the bottoms of the caps shows how they were removed from the PCBs, by floating the PCB on a liquid solder bath. Cooking the sh|t out of it. They didn't even remove the parts from the PCBs respectfully.
I was thinking removal by heat gun and vise... at least that's what components look like when I do it like that...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Seller agreed to refund $7.2.

I can accept or escalate.
What do you think ?

I believe it is more than I paid since it was included in a lot of items package and I did get a shipping discount

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
But you have to ship them back(the caps)? If you end up with no loss or a quite small one. It is perhaps a good deal. If you escalate things may take much longer time

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Seller agreed to refund $7.2.

I can accept or escalate.
What do you think ?

I believe it is more than I paid since it was included in a lot of items package and I did get a shipping discount
It might have been an accident and some parts in his store were confused. I would accept the refund and move on with my life.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I was thinking removal by heat gun and vise... at least that's what components look like when I do it like that...
No, heat gun would melt all the cap plastic, not just the 4 bottom nubs that touch the PCB.

They do it by floating, either on a solder bath like they use for tinning wires or by running manually (too slowly) over their wave soldering machine. Then they pluck the parts out with tweezers or fine pliers.

It cooks the crap out of the PCB so any area of the component that touches the PCB gets melted, but the rest of the component above the PCB does not.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You have been bamboozled too eh ! Strantor .

looks like t0 will be watching you since you are a naive soul like me.
Be careful, t0 has eyes like a bat and ears like a hawk.