Next step after proof of concept solderless breadboard?

elRey

Joined Feb 23, 2009
New to electronics and I just completed a proof of concept (with much help from these forums) on a soderless breadboard. I want to test it on the car and don't think breadboard would survive the ride.

What's the next step? Thanks,
Rey

elRey

Joined Feb 23, 2009
PWM with 556, 339 and 324 driving a LL MOSFET powered buy 11-14v thru a 7805. The circuit itself will be in the cabin with me. Any tutorial videos of sodered board assembly?

Thanks,
Rey

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Those clad perf boards are a hassle. Just get the cheap glass perf boards with no cladding. I use a 30 gauge hook up wire, various colors of insultation and do point to point soldering.

heres an old 68020 system I patched up about 20 years ago. Surprised to find it in the bottom of a junk box;

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Personally I prefer the copper pads, they allow me to tack the parts down to the board itself, as well as the wires. It is a personal choice, either works well. The pads make it more secure, but also harder to modify.

You can also get PCBs laid out as protoboard from Radio Shack and other source, if you want to stick with the lay out you've already done.