Newest member of the 10k club - crutschow!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
That was not a typo, I really did mean our, as in the collective meaningless accomplishments of the entire group of notable members.
Especially when you consider that every minute spend posting something here could, arguably, be spent doing something that actually was meaningful. I know *I* find myself reflecting on how much I COULD have gotten done if it hadn't been for AAC !! :D

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Especially when you consider that every minute spend posting something here could, arguably, be spent doing something that actually was meaningful. I know *I* find myself reflecting on how much I COULD have gotten done if it hadn't been for AAC !! :D
Actually there is something positive about the effort many of us have put into AAC. It is a part of our legacy. Earlier generations wrote and published books and pamphlets, by which we were able to see into their minds and thoughts. The cost of entry to actually publishing and selling something like a book has always inhibited me from even starting such a project. On the other hand it has taken me a decade to compile 8000+ posts which represents the accumulated wisdom of a half century career in engineering. The bonus is that it is all captured and preserved. Every time I come across one of @beenthere 's posts I think about how he has achieved a measure of immortality. That's a very nice feeling.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is certainly true that, for the vast majority of us, we post on AAC instead of doing something "better" with our time because, according to SOME metric, posting here IS a better use of our time, at least at that moment. Now, spouses and others could certainly call into question the rationality of our metrics, but anyone (at least generally speaking) that has wracked up a few thousand posts is far beyond the stage of primarily asking for help or engaging in idle conversation (especially since Off Topic doesn't count). Instead, those members have established a long history of adding value to a lot of discussions and, yes, those contributions will endure as long as these forums remain accessible, even if only as an archive some day.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
When folks resurrect dead threads I sometimes go back and reread them to recall the sense of the discussion. Many of the things are as valid today as they were 10 years ago. I am particularly grateful to @Ron H for schooling me on the notion of Common Mode Range for opamps and comparators. I am not primarily an analog designer, logic and firmware are my strong suits.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/device-behavior.2270/#post-15106

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is possible it might happen on 24 February, 2016 which would also be the 10th anniversary of joining AAC. Cue the spooky Twilight Zone music.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is possible it might happen on 24 February, 2016 which would also be the 10th anniversary of joining AAC. Cue the spooky Twilight Zone music.
I'm not holding my breath -- that would be about 44 posts a day between now and then. But go for it!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
That happens to also be the birthday of my youngest, as well as my 30th wedding anniversary. Talk about spooky.