ricker24

Joined Mar 5, 2011
Hello, I am new to the site and fairly new to electronics but am very interested in learning. Right now I am looking for someone to point me to a thread that has a circuit diagram of how to build a 2 digit scoreboard using either just led lights or 7 segment displays. Thanks for any replies.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Hi, and welcome!

What are your budget?
How big should the scoreboard be?
Should it be one digit or multiple?
Inside or outside?

ricker24

Joined Mar 5, 2011
Hi, and welcome!

What are your budget?
How big should the scoreboard be?
Should it be one digit or multiple?
Inside or outside?

This will be used outside but only with dry weather. I would like to have 2 to 3 inch digits. I need 4 digits. I would like to basically just make it a 2 digit counter for each team(2 teams) that can be changed one number at a time and it will be scored from 1 to 21 with a reset switch. Budget is flexible but doesnt need to be extravagant. Thanks.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
The least amount of LED I could think of is 92. See attachment. Then you need the power to run this... Have you googled 'big 7-segment' displays, or scoreboard. I could be wrong...

Attachments

ricker24

Joined Mar 5, 2011
The least amount of LED I could think of is 92. See attachment. Then you need the power to run this... Have you googled 'big 7-segment' displays, or scoreboard. I could be wrong...
Yes I have found some 3 inch 7 segments on Ebay. I have not been able to find a good diagram on how to build this with a reset switch and single digit segments.