newbie, new project.. no idea!!

danro

Joined Jun 3, 2009
Hi everyone

This is my first post, I have a project in mind that is currently beyond my skills... that said - how do you learn if you don't push the boundaries?:confused:

I do a fair bit of air rifle shooting and have been making metal targets for a couple of years, however the targets are static - they don't move, as real quarry would.

My project is to create a device that will pivot a target back and forth a few degrees to simulate the bobbing of a pigeon.. for example.
ie not a liner back and forth, but a semi random movement to prevent calculating the next bob.

I have three questions,

1. Am I in the wrong place? if so, please accept my apologies.
  2. Will the be a seriously advanced task that realistically will be too much?
  3. If I have survived the first two questions... where do I start?:eek:

I've very practically minded, building a kit car from scratch (so handy with tools) and a web designer (so capable of scripting languages etc) and happy with a challenge and steep learning curve!

Any advise greatly received!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post:D

Danny

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Use a DC motor with either an H-bridge or a DPDT relay for direction control. A slow pulsing clock will switch a random logic pulse (hi or low) to change direction of the motor. The motor needs to be slow, so you might use a geared DC motor.

danro

Joined Jun 3, 2009
Many thanks for the direction..
Much appreciated:)

I'm off now to research it and will let you know how I get on or perhaps ,, where I get stuck...:eek:

With best regards

Danny

Last edited: