Newbie in the use of dishwasher appliances

sarahbintmuhammad

Joined Aug 30, 2017

JUNELER

Joined Jul 13, 2015
Hi,
Hand washing is simply using your hand, and no extra electric ,water and powder soap cost.
Electronics will be easy once you learned the operation, but with extra cost such as electric and water and soap.
This Dishwasher machines with the help of motor and controls (microprocessor) or Microchip controls,make you manage to wash more
quantity. This is use mostly in a kitchen of restaurant or Hotels.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I live alone. I have a dish washer. I don't use it because it is not an advantage for small amounts of cleaning.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Dishwashers can be very effective and quite efficient compared to hand washing. If you are leaving the water running during hand washing you can use quite a bit more water than what a dishwasher will use.

I am very glad I live in the US where dishwashers are part of every home.
Wait till you find out about clothes washers/dryers, microwave ovens, coffee machines, televisions, computers, tablets, smartphones and finally Alexa.. (mind blown) :D

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
and wonder would they be of any good help in dishwashing. Could anybody help to elaborate how effectively and efficiently they work as compared to basic hand dishwashing?
Succinctly, they save you a lot of nasty work and, most importantly, sanitize the tableware via high temp water/steam (note that quality appliances heat the water independent of the supply)...

Best regards
HP:)

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
I'm in the US and have a dishwasher, as mentioned above they're pretty standard here. If you have multiple people and a pile of dishes it's nice. If there's only 1 or 2 people, it's really not necessary and uses a lot of water and energy, and the required special soap is more expensive than regular dish soap. Dishwashers here are about the size of an oven and hold quite a bit (20+ cups, 12+ plates plus silverware). To me personally the counter space would be more valuable than a small table top dish washer that only holds a few things.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I almost never use the dishwasher. It takes a long time to build up enough dirty dishes to justify running it and if you put them in the dishwasher while waiting then the stuff dries on the dishes and often won't come off and then gets baked on requiring a lot of work to get it clean later. Plus, you generally need to do some level of cleaning beforehand in order to clear of the plate and rinse it off in order to get good results and that uses some of the water that you could otherwise be using just to wash the dishes by hand.

When I wash dishes it usually involves less than five gallons -- I know this because I've done it using only the water from a five-gallon container to get a feel for how much water we should store for various purposes in case we lose electricity or even our well pump and I had quite a bit left over, perhaps a gallon give or take. We wash dishes about once a week, but it varies quite a bit. The dish sink doesn't take all the much water because much of the volume is taken up by the dishes themselves -- I pack them in pretty tightly. I use full hot water and let them soak for a couple of hours in the soapy water until the water is just cool enough to put my hand in long enough to grab something. Then I rinse them in the rinse sink that is hot enough that I can only quickly immerse the dish in the water to rinse it off before setting it up to dry. I don't rinse under running water.

I don't know much about countertop dishwashers, particularly how good a job they do. But I don't think they will save you much time. Much of the time spent doing the dishes is just handling the dishes individually in clearing them off and then later putting them away. The time that it takes to move a dish from the sink to the dishwasher isn't that much more than the time it takes to wash that dish, particularly if it has soaked long enough. Most items only require a quick swipe and scrub as they are being picked up out of the water.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I belong to south-east Asia where the concept of an electronic dishwasher is new.
I belong to the United States where the concept of an electric dish washer has been around maybe 50 years plus. All of my friends, neighbors and family have them with the exception of me. My wife has never wanted one and I know when we refinish the kitchen I will likely put one in and it will likely serve as a storage cabinet for my wife. Then too, I am a big fan of paper plates.

Electric dishwashers have their merits and my observation is most do a very good job and sanitize quite well. Like anything else there are inexpensive dishwashers to dishwashers which carry an expensive price tag, much like any home appliance. The more features you want the more it cost. Overall they do a very good job but how practical they are for use depends on how many dishes you accumulate. My kids are grown with kids of their own leaving only my wife and I so we really don't generate many dirty dishes and I normally wash what I use as does she so it's not like we have piles of dishes to wash. Really only you can decide how practical an automatic dishwasher would be for your situation.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't know about where you are, but here something like that would not be in an electronics shop, but in an appliance store (or a store that has a section for home appliances).

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
My dishwasher, often refuses to work, even the old trick of giving it a kick only makes it worse. cost of upkeep is horrendous, the amount of energy it consumes, etc really make it a non viable way of cleaning dirty dishes. That along with all the other whining and whinging and threats of divorce!!!! :)