New to transistors

ahe

Joined Dec 21, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a project and part of this project may need transistor circuits in it. As I'm totally new to transistors and circuits I would greatly appreciate any help offered.

I was wondering if it is possible to program/create transistors to perform certain tasks. Specifically, would the transistor circuit be able to alternate signals (currents) to two objects (e.g.lights) at high speeds (1/10th a second switching times). Also, what is the expected lifespan of transistors and are they expensive?

Thanks for your contributions!

Cheers

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I was wondering if it is possible to program/create transistors to perform certain tasks. Specifically, would the transistor circuit be able to alternate signals (currents) to two objects (e.g.lights) at high speeds (1/10th a second switching times). Also, what is the expected lifespan of transistors and are they expensive?
Without more data, it is hard to give an accurate answer.

Transistors can switch into the MHz region. Unless exposed to damaging conditions, they can be expected to operate for years. Expense has to do with parameters. Some are cheap, some are expensive.

I might suggest you read our Ebook to learn some things about them.