New to DIY electronics Led flash

Terronthesnake

Joined Jun 30, 2009
Hi everyone I have some parts from a old cheap led turn signal I have already made my own custom setup as far as the LED's go it all works but I want my turn signals to flash. I am using about the same amount of power 4v max I want to use the old resistors and capacitors to make mine flash, I have the equip just need to know how to hook it up. I have 4 104 1 103 ceramic capacitors, 8 resistors that differ. 3 NL S9012 H038, and 2 S8050 D130 transistors? I dont understand the diagrams fully and I'm kind of a layman when it comes to this so any help is appreciated. Leds are parallel wired and pull approx 3.5v same leds from old one plus one. Once again any help at all is apreciated thank you.

Terronthesnake

Joined Jun 30, 2009
What can I get out of old motherboards and power supplies? I have a bunch, I just need two leds to blink, either simultaneously or consecutively, doesnt matter. I know these parts will work I just dont know how to wire the circuit.

Terronthesnake

Joined Jun 30, 2009
You don't seem to get the point. I don't want the easy way I would like to learn something. I know they sell blinking leds, I'm not "that new" to this. I want to make the circuit, maybe even a few variation until I understand whats going on.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Read the threads I suggested, they are tutorials, and will do it at the component level. Motherboard might provide some parts, but not very easily I'm afraid.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually the formula for that oscillator is the base resistors and capactors, f = 1/(7.(R1C2+R2C1)).

Wikipedia has a pretty good article on the subject.

DC_Kid

Joined Feb 25, 2008
You don't seem to get the point. I don't want the easy way I would like to learn something. I know they sell blinking leds, I'm not "that new" to this. I want to make the circuit, maybe even a few variation until I understand whats going on.
schmitt trigger and 555. they are good things to learn about. here's another simple circuit with IC http://www.saburchill.com/tech/adobe/004.pdf

some hobby circuits here http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/