New Series

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"The Men Who Built America".

Damn good show about the rich boys who built America. Carnegie, Rockefeller, Edison, even Tesla.

Lots of tidbits of info, on the dealings that made the Industrial Revolution possible. Inevitable.

3 episodes, so far.

Last one was about the trials and tribulations of Westinghouse, Tesla, and Edison. :cool::cool:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

Damn good show about the rich boys who built America. Carnegie, Rockefeller, Edison, even Tesla.

Lots of tidbits of info, on the dealings that made the Industrial Revolution possible. Inevitable.

3 episodes, so far.

Last one was about the trials and tribulations of Westinghouse, Tesla, and Edison. :cool::cool:
What network?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
We're ahead of you here in Australia. I watched the Edison/Tesla one weeks ago.

Now on about episode 8, JP Morgan just bought Carnegie's entire steel operation for $480 mil, made Carnegie the richest man in the world and Morgan the sole owner of the worlds largest steel producer.

They've been jumping back and forth in time a bit which has been a bit annoying, i think the first few episodes were a bit more time-linear.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Google J.P. Morgan on the world riches companies today.........old money

never goes away....that series a good lesson for us....how to get rich using

the other guys money. They survived the bailout without fines or jail......

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Yes, and they will get away without a hitch when the next big crash hits.

After Greece and Cyprus, it won't be long till Spain, Portugal, and Ireland takes a big hit. Then on to the rest of the EU, and the U.S.

My guess is 5 years max for us.;)

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
Yes, and they will get away without a hitch when the next big crash hits.

After Greece and Cyprus, it won't be long till Spain, Portugal, and Ireland takes a big hit. Then on to the rest of the EU, and the U.S.

My guess is 5 years max for us.;)
Ireland already has had bail out money, several years ago.

Spain, Cyprus are more recent victims. Greece was always F<>ked tbh.

lets remember the economic crash started in the USA and had a knock on effect to the euro zone, and it has not shown much sign of improvement as unemployment in the euro zone is at its highest since the euro was introduced in 1999.

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009

3 episodes, so far.

many Irish help made the USA the way it is today, i wonder if they will get a mention.