New Project? Have some Parts? Need some Parts?

lhaacker

Joined Mar 1, 2012
I have:
Coil & Magneto (900acv).
Full bridge rectifier 50A 1000w,
Grid-Tie Inverter (12-29v 500w).
If I add High Voltage step down regulator between rectifier & Inverter is this workable?
As a working alternative, I currently use Solar power to inverter to feed into my house.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Feedback and Suggestions Forum for providing feedback and suggestions about All About Circuits, including corrections to the e-book. This forum is not for getting help with technical questions.
This was neither feedback nor a suggestion, so I have moved it to a more appropriate forum.

Welcome to AAC!

When you are a Sr Member (100+ posts) you can use our flea market forum, but not until then.

We do not allow buying and selling on this forum.

lhaacker

Joined Mar 1, 2012
I have:
Coil & Magneto (900acv).
Full bridge rectifier 50A 1000w,
Grid-Tie Inverter (12-29v 500w).
If I add High Voltage step down regulator between rectifier & Inverter is this workable?
As a working alternative, I currently use Solar power to inverter to feed into my house.

Any suggestions?
P.S. This is a personal project..I'm not looking nor selling parts.
As related to electronics, I am looking for opinion, advantages/disadvantage of concept.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, but that is not what the title suggests. We typically ban 10 or more people a day for spamming, you may notice a certain lack of advertisements on this site, it is not an accident. A strongly advise you to read our Terms of Service (ToS).

But we got off to a bad start, Welcome to AAC.

You probably ought to give more information as to your concept. We have no idea what your skill level is, and it matters as to the advice we give.

You really haven't told us what you are trying to do. When asking for help, be specific as to what you want, otherwise people who have the know how you are asking for look and move on.

You will notice the old hands have their geological location as part of their profile, so it can be display as part of our posts. This specifically relates to parts, different areas of the world have different levels of access. This site is international, while the moderators can look up your ISP we respect your privacy, and will not tell, so it is up to you.

lhaacker

Joined Mar 1, 2012
Maybe the organization is not so clear.
I have a "solar panel" that feeds Grid-Tie Inverter...This is simple & works ok.

If I exchange the Solar panel for a Generator (using various onhand stuff) and control the output to feed my Grid-Tie Inverter...Project done, little cost, maybe other materials needed.
Posting on an electronic forum, I was hoping someone would contribute constructive criticism: "The product has merit but using bla, bla is cheaper".
"I tried something like that this is what I did..."
Let me say, the project is incomplete, calculation of voltages & such not required at this time.
Would another part make it complete? maybe 2?. If the existing materials is not the way to do this...did you do something like this? do I need to spend $$? Is there a better way?
This is not nuclear science...a general forum...If you can make it into a tulip puller great..let me know how you did it.