New Project Advice

Kbreslin

Joined Jun 22, 2013
I need a very small DC motor that will go in forward and reverse. The overall size of the device is about 1/3 the size of a hockey puck. One key element is that the motor must go slow in a controlled fashion.

1-Question - any motor recommends and sources for them?
2-do I just control the speed by fixing the speed to a certain point - via configuration of the board itself?
3- are there any kits that I can build a board on and experiment with?

Thanks any assist will be greatly appreciated.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
It would help if dimensions, L.W,H, were given in inches or m meters. What speed range?? What power is available & at what voltage.
I believe Cheney Electronics has a motor experiment kit for about $ 5.00 US, All Electronics no longer lists a PWM motor speed kit, but will attach print.
About 2 cm is not much to work with, maybe a pager motor, reversibility??

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I have found in the past that it is best if you state up front exactly what you are attempting to do. Too often we embark on an elaborate solution only to find out that it does not fit the problem.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A lot of these guys will take a question very seriously, and will chase it to the moon and back, on very little information. Sometimes it's like asking Einstein how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop. :D

Tighten up the question and you are likely to get an answer that actually applies to what you want.