New phase of water could dominate the interiors of Uranus and Neptune

Reminds me of a Sci-Fi story where a new form of ice water is discovered and takes over the world.
It is interesting to note that this phase or lattice of Water is prevelent to the interior of Gas Giants in the Uranus-Neptune planetary class and not to any great degree in the Jupiter or Greater Planetary Class.

It takes a LOT of pressure to get water molecules to do this and given the masses of Uranus and Neptune one can see how Gravitic Compression could create this but yet there is more to it as Jupiter and above Mass Planets don't seem to have an abundance of this water phase.

One reason could be that Jupiter and above Planetary masses could be generating to great a temp. for this particular Water Phase to exist.

Another reason could be that the extreme Gravitic Compression existing at the interiors and cores of Jupiter and above planetary masses will not allow such a lattice to exist.

In any of these conditions...we would be hard pressed to find an easy way to both duplicate this water phase and be able to keep it in such a state for any realistic use.

Split Infinity

Reminds me of a Sci-Fi story where a new form of ice water is discovered and takes over the world.
As it pertains to the existance of such a phase of water due to pressure created by Uranus-Neptune Class planetary masses...we know that by either existing extreme pressures that have created the above mentioned Water Phase...or by the absence of Temperature or lowering of temps. by means of Lasers...which have resulted in the creation of Bose-Einstein Condensates of several elements.

At a tiny fraction above Absolute Zero using certain elements...and you can look up the list as well as the team that was the first to attempt this but the last of a group to achieve it...such Elements will achieve another state of matter.

Such an Element achieving Bose-Einstein Condensate will act very much like a water fountain as the elemental matter with Fouintain Upwards in a very bizzare fashion.

The reason I mension this is to take a look at the difference between removing temp. and bringing matter to very close to Absolute Zero to form such a condensate as apposed to Gravitic Compression changing Space/Time Dimensionality to achieve intense pressure needed for the creation described in this topic.

Now I ask...which process can change the distance between the Atomic Nucleus and the surrounding Electron Fields?

Split Infinity

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I just found the article. Thought it was interesting. I don't claim to have the facts.

You don't have to know everything to have an interest in science.

I just found the article. Thought it was interesting. I don't claim to have the facts.

You don't have to know everything to have an interest in science.
LOL!

Bill...I wasn't challenging you to answer. I was just raising the question as I found it interesting.

As well...I commend you on your topic because not only is it interesting but it does raise alot of questions.

Split Infinity