New method to manufacture pcb at home

mincior

Joined Aug 15, 2012
It's spam for sure, but the site has legit toner transfer tutorial and no ads, and not selling anything. weird.
I realy tried to share with electronic hobbyist a new material for toner transfer method. I've made this new material (in fact not new but related to pcb is new) which works very well. Try it.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I saw your similar posts in forums all across the web. What you are doing is typical of spammers, but I don't see any motive for spam. Your website contains no ads and is selling nothing. It is an odd thing to see. I guess you are just very excited about your method? It is interesting. Where do you get the vinyl? I may try it.

mincior

Joined Aug 15, 2012
I saw your similar posts in forums all across the web. What you are doing is typical of spammers, but I don't see any motive for spam. Your website contains no ads and is selling nothing. It is an odd thing to see. I guess you are just very excited about your method? It is interesting. Where do you get the vinyl? I may try it.
You're right. I'm very excited and proud about my method. I don't know where do you get the vinyl but I can say you the exactly type of it. It's about 'Oracal' 640, 641, 651 vinyl sticker foil. You can search for it on the web. You can use any vinyl sticker foil that can resist at minimum 170 gr. celsius. You may go at your supermarket and search for any 2,5-3,5 mil thickness vinyl foil or roll. Try it on your printer (in small amount of it) to see if no melt after print. Success!

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
According to the Oracal website the film (if I understood the tutorial right) works because of the backing paper. The OP is saying to print on the backing, correct?

From the website - " 84# custom silicone-coated paper with special release characteristics that provide excellent weeding and release values. Customized blue silicone paper liner for white provides superior contrast for cutting and weeding. "

Website - http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=218&tabID=ts

mincior

Joined Aug 15, 2012
According to the Oracal website the film (if I understood the tutorial right) works because of the backing paper. The OP is saying to print on the backing, correct?

From the website - " 84# custom silicone-coated paper with special release characteristics that provide excellent weeding and release values. Customized blue silicone paper liner for white provides superior contrast for cutting and weeding. "

Website - http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=218&tabID=ts
No. The active part is the vinyl foil, not the paper on its back. You can use it, but you get more accurate results with the vinyl. If you go for the paper you must first remove the vinyl and then print on the remaining glossy paper. The main difference between glossy paper (including the photo paper) and the vinyl film is that the vinyl allows the toner to keep its height even when under pressure - while the vinyl softens/melts, the toner gets harder. And this is the secret.
If you take a look in here http://electroni-city.com/remove-the-vinyl/ you can see two new macro photos right after this phrase "And another macro sample from other schematic:". The paper is rigid and you must increase the temperature and lower the pressure to avoid the toner spreading and obtain the thermal transfer. The temperature and pressure are critical with paper but not with vinyl. Vinyl works for a wide range of circumstances, on different pressures and temperatures. In fact, the lower the pressure,the higher the temperature and shorter the time.:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Several things to say.
First, another link to a US seller of the film.

http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=218

Your words are very well translated and understandable except for a few.

On the page, "PCB Tinning" it is said, "alcohol or isopropyl alcohol". There are several alcohols that might fit this description like, ethyl alcohol, denatured (ethyl) alcohol, methyl alcohol. Still, isopropyl alcohol is easy to obtain.

nitrocellulose solvent is not well known among electronics people in the USA. Can you give another name like, acetone, or xylene, or mineral spirits?

the word, "tin" would be "solder" in American English, unless you actually mean the element Sb, subnium, tin, (not including lead).

"Stoned would be, "deburred" in American.
"Grinding" would be, "polishing" in American.
I see you are using "2000 wet&dry sandpaper" for polishing.
A "rubber" is an "eraser" in American.

I do not know if I'm being helpful but I'm trying to be helpful.

mincior

Joined Aug 15, 2012
Several things to say.
First, another link to a US seller of the film.

http://www.oracal.com/products/product.asp?seriesID=218

Your words are very well translated and understandable except for a few.

On the page, "PCB Tinning" it is said, "alcohol or isopropyl alcohol". There are several alcohols that might fit this description like, ethyl alcohol, denatured (ethyl) alcohol, methyl alcohol. Still, isopropyl alcohol is easy to obtain.
Isopropyl alcohol is ok.
nitrocellulose solvent is not well known among electronics people in the USA. Can you give another name like, acetone, or xylene, or mineral spirits?
Acetone is ok. Another word could be thinner?
the word, "tin" would be "solder" in American English, unless you actually mean the element Sb, subnium, tin, (not including lead).

"Stoned would be, "deburred" in American.
"Grinding" would be, "polishing" in American.
I see you are using "2000 wet&dry sandpaper" for polishing.
A "rubber" is an "eraser" in American.

I do not know if I'm being helpful but I'm trying to be helpful.
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll make the changes acordingly your proposal.

mincior

Joined Aug 15, 2012
Isopropyl alcohol is ok.
Acetone is ok. Another word could be thinner?
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll make the changes acordingly your proposal.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
"Thinner" is too generic in English. It can mean any of dozens of substances. Your answer, "acetone" is specific and sufficient.