nzCdog

Joined Feb 28, 2013
Hi... Corey here from Christchurch, NZ

Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to say hello, but I'm looking forward to trawling this awesome site... cool forum! :)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
No you are NOT supposed to say hello here. You will be banned!

Just kidding. Welcome to the site. Have fun.

And you should add yourself to the Where are you from thread.

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
Hi Brownout. How long does it usually take to get a member's first post (not including in this thread) to appear in the forum? When I posted mine, I tried to "preview" it, as I would usually do on a forum, and was met with a blank white web page. I backed out and clicked "post", and got the same result. I am not even sure the post actually got posted yet. :confused: These seem to be working though, so I thought maybe it was part of the Moderator Approval process that it did that?

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
Loosewire, you made me chuckle. :) Thanks.

Nice to meet you guys. I look forward to possibly bringing a dream of mine to life if I can get the right help to figure it out. Once that post gets going I may be on track.

Cheers!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Good to hear you like the site.
If you have any questions, start asking.
We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
The eBook can be downloaded using the PDF sign at the right top on the index page of a volume.
Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
Or the RF related links thread:
RF related links

Bertus

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
I always click the, "Thanks" button for an LOL, or to mean, "I agree but I don't want to make a whole post out that fact".
I would, but I don't see any Thanks button on this forum. :) I would like all forums to use them, but many don't. So where is it supposed to be showing? I am using Waterfox Browser ver 15 on Windows 7x64 Home Premium.

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
How many days does it typically take for a Moderator to approve a new member's first post elsewhere in the General section? Still nothing after 24 hours. :confused:

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
I don't think you understand my situation. I created my first post about 24 hours ago under the General forum section. When I tried to "preview" it I saw only a blank white page. I backed up and tried to "post" it, and got the same result. I am not even sure if it ever really got posted. I sent a message to the forum admin. asking to check and see if it got posted. No reply. :confused:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't think it has to do with your post count. I cannot see any related post of yours in the database.

Try to post it once again and if it fails, PM its contents to me and I 'll mount it.
Important: If you try to create a new thread, its title shouldn't be above 20 characters long. This is an occasional known bug.

Conductanc3

Joined Feb 28, 2013
I don't think it has to do with your post count. I cannot see any related post of yours in the database.

Try to post it once again and if it fails, PM its contents to me and I 'll mount it.
Important: If you try to create a new thread, its title shouldn't be above 20 characters long. This is an occasional known bug.
I do remember being concerned if my title was going to fit the title field, but it let me keep going as I typed. I just posted it with a shorter title and this time it seemed to work. So I guess it was the title bug issue that got me. Perhaps that issue might be added to the sticky posts for new members. ;)

Looks like I'm up and running. I later decided it probably should have been in the Projects forum anyway, so I put it there.

Thanks. :)