New Guy from Ohio

Sarge

Joined Dec 14, 2010
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself.

Not sure if this is the correct place to do it. But anyhow I have lurked on here for quite a long time, and I love this site! You guys are great! I have played around in the industrial electronics field for some several decades now, and I love it.

I am both a Navy and Army Veteran, experience with Terrier and Hawk missile systems.

I am trying to get back into the field professionally. I have enrolled in CIE’s AAS degree program, this month, as I have taken a course from them in the past and was happy with it.

More recently, with my new employer, I have been assigned the task of re-constructing several old PCB’s from the 1980’s. I am clearly not an engineer, or even have much recent experience with modern electronics. Most of what I know is dated to the 1980’s but they felt that made me perfect for the job of reverse engineering these systems and building new ones.

As I make my way through these things, I will undoubtedly have tons of questions, mostly on identification of old “house marked” components.

From what I have read thus far, you guys seem to be the best around for making something out of nothing.

Congrats on a great site, and I am very happy to make your acquaintance.

----JB

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hello

Welcome new guy from Ohio :D

Glad u like it....we need new geeks u know...

Check Off topic's "who are you" thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnalogKid General Electronics Chat 11
J Off-Topic 6