New Circuit

AdventureJosh

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Hello circuit nerds, this is my first time posting on this forum so bear with me if I break a few rules!

I am working on my circuits homework and I was not sure how to approach this problem. I am not familiar with how to interpret the grounds.

I thought that I would use mesh current analysis, but as I do not necessarily have any meshes, I didn't know what to do. So then I thought about nodal analysis. But how do I handle two voltage sources on one wire? Which direction is the current going? If someone could work out the problem and show it to me, I would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I don't know the answer to the extra credit either! Thanks

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The ground symbol just saves the clutter of drawing the connecting wires. If this is a simulation schematic, it also probably serves to tell the simulator that this is Node 0, the reference node for the simulator. I'm guessing that the .tran is also a command for the simulator, configuring the transient analysis options.

For more help, you need to show some work.

AdventureJosh

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Ok, one of my friends suggested the grounds could be connected with a wire, but we weren't sure. That was pretty much most of what I needed to know, I'll reply later if I have any more questions. Thanks!