NETWORKS

muni

Joined Jul 29, 2008
Myself, and others, do not like helping out without at least an attempt on your behalf.

Steve
sorry, you have mistraken this. there were about 250 such MCQs i've tried many of them. for many of which i'm clueless.
i've been piling my doubts and segregating at one place. this has been my last choice. i'm posting after my failures on paper.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
That being the case, how about posting your answers and the supporting calculations on the MCQs you missed? That way we can point out where you went off track.

hgmjr

muni

Joined Jul 29, 2008
That being the case, how about posting your answers and the supporting calculations on the MCQs you missed? That way we can point out where you went off track.

hgmjr
SIR
1. INTHE FIRST PROBLEM OF NET 100452 FREQUENCY OF THE CCT IS ASKED. I haven’t seen such a problem till now . how to calculate frequency in such cases. Normally frequency of a tuned cct shall be of (1/2πLC). Even IN THE ABOVE PROBLEM A CURRENT SOURCE IS GIVEN. HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE FREQUENCY OF THE CCT? BECAUSE OF THESE CLUELESS DOUBTS I’M UNABLE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM . I REQUEST HELP
Q2 200453
IN THIS DRIVING POINT IMPEDANCE IS ASKED TO CALCULATE. HERE THE VALUE OF CAPACITOR IS NOT GIVEN. AND NONE OF THE ANSWER HAS BEEN THERE IN TERMS OF C. HOW CAN IT BE ?

Q3

Hi Muni!

For question one it is just a matter of determining the natural response of a single time constant, source-free circuit. which are either RL or in this case an RC circuit. (the current source does not affect the natural frequency of the circuit)

An RC or RL circuit can be reduced to a single equivalent resistance shunted by either a single equivalent inductor or capacitor. Research both the RL and RC natural response circuits. After you master these; study forced response RL and RC circuits. Knowing these concepts will assure you an easier learning curve-and strong foundation in learning more advanced systems.

For question two-The question has used Laplace Transformation-the "C" will cancel out in your manipulation in determining the circuit transfer fuction. Again research Laplace/Transfer functions of RC and RL circuits.

Last edited: