Needs an amplifier IC using DC voltage (as 0~10Vdc or -10Vdc~0V or similar) to control the AC output.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hello everyone.
There is a friend asked me to help him to search an amplifier IC using DC voltage (as 0~10Vdc or -10Vdc~0V or similar) to control the AC output (audio signal as 100dB including negative and positive voltage) or a product with the IC function and already including the control components and software, it means that the board could using DAC to generates the 0~10Vdc to control it from computer DAC card or an independent unit, if only the IC then my friend could ask someone to help him to write the program, both info are welcome, and let my friend to decide it, thank you for your help.

Edit : The AC signal is as an normal audio signal.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I've used the LTC8043 12-bit MDAC for this purpose. Apply the raw audio to the Vref pin and the DAC will scale it according to the 12-bit digital word, using the circuit shown on the first page of the data sheet.
Thanks for your info, I will let my friend to check it.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A 12-bit DAC will give a 72dB (4096:1) volume control range.
If he really wants 100dB, then a DAC with more resolution or one of the dedicated volume-control ICs with a higher attenuation range would be needed.
Some of the dedicated IC's have over a 100dB range.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
A 12-bit DAC will give a 72dB (4096:1) volume control range.
He tried a series interface DAC before, but it seems the speed didn't reach up the system needed, so he have to find some other IC, he just given a reference values as 80~100 dB, so 72dB maybe can do it, do you have any specific IC for this 12 bits DAC?

If he really wants 100dB, then a DAC with more resolution or one of the dedicated volume-control ICs with a higher attenuation range would be needed.
Some of the dedicated IC's have over a 100dB range.
If you could provide some IC numbers then it would be fine, so he can get more choice, thanks.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
He tried a series interface DAC before, but it seems the speed didn't reach up the system needed
What speed, analog or digital signal?
do you have any specific IC for this 12 bits DAC?
The LTC8043 12-bit MDAC mentioned by OBW0549.
f you could provide some IC numbers then it would be fine,
Looking at the Google references from Post 4, I see a PGA2311, a MAS6116, and a LC75344MD, among others.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
What speed, analog or digital signal?
I think it should be the control side, not the analog input and output signal, because he can't use the series interface to control the analog signal, so he choose to use 0~10Vdc to be the control voltage.

The LTC8043 12-bit MDAC mentioned by @OBW0549.
Looking at the Google references from Post 4, I see a PGA2311, a MAS6116, and a LC75344MD, among others.
I already passed your and OBW's info to my friend, thanks.