need zener diode help

micron

Joined Nov 2, 2009
Hello ! I am working on a magnavox ( 37MF231 ) no picture an no sound. from other places I have looked I have replaced the capacitor at location (2074) 25v-22oo micro -farad the caps at locatiion (2081&2066) look good an did not replace. I have read that I may need to replace the zener at(6079 ) all that I can find is that it is a 9.1 volt. Does any one know what watt it should be ? the one on my board using diode test on multimeter shows around .645 in one directiion an 1.3 in the other I don't think that is right. think this may have caused my cap to blow. I would be very greatful for your help as to the watt of this zener so I can replace it an see if that works. thank you Micron

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Do you have a photo of it? And the board top and bottom so the traces around it can be seen, gives an idea of expected power.

micron

Joined Nov 2, 2009
sorry but I do not have a camra. But I have found info on diode. it is a 500mw Do-35 for any one else that may be looking for this . I found it mouser electronics. Just want to say thank you to all of those who look at my post an a special thanks to those that tryed to help
micron