Need to simulate the contactor please help

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Surely this is allowed?
It is highly frowned upon and very counter-productive. What happens is that you get different people posting responses in the different threads and everyone starts getting really confused because many people won't be aware that there ARE different threads and so will post a follow-up in a different thread than were they posted something earlier. Then there is the loss of synergy since many people will be deprived of all the information being contributed to by others. Not to mention the frustration when you waste a bunch of time looking for something you just KNOW you saw in an earlier post (possibly even an earlier response YOU made).

If you REALLY feel that a topic should be posted in multiple forums, pick ONE forum to be the main thread and make the main post there. Then post a teaser thread in the other forum with a brief description of the problem, a link to the main thread, and ask that responses be made there. Finally, self-report the post and ask a moderator to close the thread so that people can't respond anywhere other than the main thread.

But only do this when it is really, really, really appropriate. Remember that most of the active members monitor almost all of the forums.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Surely this is allowed?
The moderators discourage the practice and will often reduce the content to a single thread.

The practice is confusing to those members attempting to respond to the same question with responses overlapping on different forums. Tends to cause a certain level of annoyance. It won't aid the OP particularly when members get frustrated and reluctant to help the OP who is a repeat "offender".

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do a Google search for: multisim relays

You will get a lot of hits and I suspect that some of them will be pretty much just what you need.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've lost me.

The real question is whether you are off and going and have a path that is moving you forward with what you are trying to do?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
So what are you presently trying to get? I don't know what you mean when you say that you "did get required relays". Where do you presently stand and what, specifically, constitutes the next step you are trying to make?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It is pretty evident that you aren't even trying to research a solution to your problem or even refine what it is your underlying issue is. You just want someone to dig into your mess and figure it out and dish it up on a silver platter for you.

Good luck. I'm done.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
On the very first page of the Google search I linked for you (since apparently you spent five days and couldn't find any of them yourself) are several pages specifically addressing how to use relays with NO and NC contacts in MultiSim. There's a thread in the National Instruments forum, there's a thread in these forums, there a link to a YouTube video with step-by-step instructions. On the second page there are User Guides, one of which has an extensive section on using NO and NC relays to implement ladder logic.

You won't even look through them. You just repeat your original post apparently expecting someone to spoon feed the exact answer you are looking for to you.

Until you show that you have made SOME effort to learn SOMETHING from the resources you have already been directed to, there is no point in me putting any more effort into it on your behalf.