Need to make DC 19v Computer Power Adapters Redundant n+1 or n-1 Contingent or ?

BurntCircuits

Joined Dec 16, 2016
I'm looking to design a solution to power multiple mini thin ITX computer motherboards with power redundancy. Ideally I'd like to make these laptop power supplies that power these computers to be able to have 8 plugged on a input panel and when one fails, a 9th Power supply would pick up where the failed one left off without any of the computers shutting down. I am using AC to DC adapters 110 ac input and output of 19 volts @9.47 amps. I know in theory that there are different ways to create the redundancy whether it is using 2 of the DC adapters into a "board" so if it fails over and it would continue to power one computer, but I'd like to power all eight computers and have one adapter there to pick up the slack if possible. I'm not an electrical engineer.... not even close. I'm just a guy trying to make a solution work that nobody is addressing. I really really need some help. Got any good thoughts? Predesigned solutions?
Thank you, T

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Nine positives connected together and nine negatives connected together. Just remember that the current will be nine times bigger too and the wires/connections have to be able to handle that current.

BurntCircuits

Joined Dec 16, 2016
Nine positives connected together and nine negatives connected together. Just remember that the current will be nine times bigger too and the wires/connections have to be able to handle that current.
Are you saying that I would select 8 gauge wire to plug into the motherboards? I'm not an AE, so I'm guessing it this way, 9x9.47a=86a which says 8 gauge on a chart I found on the internet. Can you clarify?