need to know the correct section to post a new thread

nomaddamon

Joined May 2, 2012
Hi All,
very new to this forum and don't want to make a rookie mistake.

I need help with a aTiny processor hardware and software question.

the project is to control a servo with the using 2 hall affect sensors. the first will move the servo 180 degrees, the next sensor will make it rotate to the 360 position. The the first sensor will move it to the 540 / 180 position etc...

I can make a LED blink and even make a red and green flash as alternating using a aTiny chip and B.A.S.I.C. programming

however, it has been 10 years since I used micro controllers and the movement is really slow. I have researched the aTiny range and believe that the PWM ability will be great for the servo and having multiple I or O ports as well should be great even from a small chip.

I also hope that servos can do what I require above. If they can NOT then the project would be

hall affect sensor (driven by a magnet) will trigger a small electric motor (using a worm gear) to start rotating clockwise, a IR sensor will tell it to stop, once it rotates 180 degrees using a simple rotating disk with 2 holes in it.
Once the IR sensor fires the motor will stop
It will now wait for the next Hall affect sensor to fire where the same process as above will occur.

My (very long winded) question is "Where should I post the request/question for a circuit" or a link to an existing circuit.

thanks
nomad.