Need to hire someone to lay out PCB for sound controlled led strips, small batch of 200.

aluminumwelder

Joined Jul 9, 2017
Here is the project circuit I need drawn.
https://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Strip-Control-With-Dimmer-and-Audio-Pulsing-Ci/
I need to hire someone to draw the printed circuit board for a short run of 200 pieces. I will probably use https://oshpark.com/ to make the printed circuit boards.
PURPOSE: I am working with an ipad app developer to make a photobooth app which plays a beep noise when the photo is taken. We will use a 3.5mm audio jack to connect the ipad to the circuit which will turn on a double wide 5m strip of 5050 leds which is 12v and about 5 amps.
BACKGROUND: I have very little experience with circuits. have never even breadboarded a project. My experience is limited to buying kits and soldering them together.
DESIGN MODIFICATIONS: Current circuit pulses to the music, I want the circuit to be binary. when it senses noise it will turn light on, When no sound, it will be off. I am not sure if I just need to play a very loud beep to accomplish this, of if the circuit needs to be altered.
Please private message me or email me (email address removed by moderator per site policy) with cost to draw this circuit, paypal is probably best, but open to other payment methods. Also include price to modify the circuit if I discover it is not working.
Once I get the drawing I will order 3 PCB's, solder on components and test. If they work well then I will place order for 200.
This is my first post. I did search the forum about hiring people and didn't see any relavant threads.
I am aware there are RGB led strip sound controllers, but the aluminum one I tested flickered way too much. this is the one I tested
TronicsPros-Activated-Controller-controller-Changing
If there is a premade solution please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
DESIGN MODIFICATIONS: Current circuit pulses to the music, I want the circuit to be binary. when it senses noise it will turn light on, When no sound, it will be off. I am not sure if I just need to play a very loud beep to accomplish this, of if the circuit needs to be altered.
This circuit isn't what you want or what you want to use as a starting point. There is nothing to prevent multiple triggering or anything to latch the LEDs on.

You need to define how long you want the LEDs to be on after the trigger sound. What will turn the LEDs off? Is the on-activation supposed to be timed?

How loud will the beep be and at what frequency?

Are the LEDs being used as ambient lighting for the photo, or flash? How long between the beep and when the picture is taken? If it's flash, do you want red eye reduction?

How will the LEDs be connected to the circuit? Will the LED strips be in the same location (i.e. able to use the same power connection)?

How will the circuit be powered?

You can see by the lack of responses that few members are interested in doing for-pay design work. Anyone doing contract design work would have to charge significantly more than you'd expect because, in addition to doing the design, they would be responsible for any problems that might arise in the future (not working in some environments (e.g. noisy), not working with components from different manufacturers, designing what you wanted versus what you needed, etc).

Have you considered buying a clap on/clap off switch?

aluminumwelder

Joined Jul 9, 2017
it's not that complicated.
already found a part for $5 that does what I want and ordered it.
Will report back after testing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-12V-24V-...314593&hash=item3ac9337a62:g:~-4AAOSwZVlXnqUN

this forum Electro Tech Online m helped me find what I needed and I got several responses, pretty sure it has nothing to do with this forums members and what they want to do. Remember if a customer asks for something always give them a price, even if it is high you might be surprised what they are willing to pay.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
it's not that complicated.
already found a part for $5 that does what I want and ordered it.
I never said it was complicated or difficult.

Here's the thing. You're buying a $5 widget that someone probably made by stealing the design from someone else; so their design cost is whatever it cost for some foreign worker to reverse engineer the design. If you run into problems with getting it to work, you'll find that the Seller doesn't know anything about how it works. Those people just sell things. I've dealt with many of that type of Seller on ebay and AliExpress.

I bought a single board computer (microcontroller actually) for $9 that's about the size of a credit card. It has a 1GHz ARM processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB FLASH, bluetooth, WiFi, 2 USB ports, battery connector, power management chip that also charges the battery, and a few other bits. I couldn't even buy the parts for $9, let alone do the design and get it manufactured. At low volume, the PCB would cost more than that.

And it comes with Debian Linux and a bunch of apps pre-installed.

aluminumwelder

Joined Jul 9, 2017
I really doubt they had to steal the design. A 5 minute google search yields several sound activated open source designs. Anyways, the device works ok. turning a little screw adjusts the timing and even though the item description says it can go as short as 1 second it stays on for at least 3 seconds. Not exactly what I wanted but for $5 not gonna complain. Always nice when you solve your own issue. thanks again to elecrotech forum for setting me on right path.