Need to flip Composite video

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
It's not cheap since you have store each line of information (typically with a high speed A/D converter and digital memory).
You then play the line back in the reverse order with a high speed DAC, also reversing the position of the horizontal sync pulse, all while storing the next line.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
If the OP gave more details of why he wants to do this it be a great help. If it does not need to be in real time then proccesing the video an a video editing package could be a solution. A simple way would be to view the screen through a mirror.

Les.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Maybe the OP is using a digital monitor. I know mine doesn't have deflection coils.
Once a TV came into the workshop with the horizontal yoke reversed.

We had a mirror set up so we could see what the picture was up to while we worked on the innards.

The boss thought I was taking the proverbial when I said something was wrong because the picture looked right way round in the mirror.

The TS probably needs a dual line buffer - one loading a line while the other plays back.

FIFO memory if you can still get it.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Some CCD/CMOS cameras have a mirror image option set by a jumper. These camears are made for automotive rear view mirror replacements.