Need to fix my tic

allohm

Joined Apr 28, 2020
Hello friends and excuse in advance my possible naive questions as i am new to the topic of sensors. I have a rather funny habit when i get stressed, i tend to scratch and twist my ear. Actually i do not understand it when i do it, but it can be a bit embarassing because i do it without really recognizing it. It is something like my tic. I had the thought to try to make something (like a ring or a watch) for example that gives me a signal or a small electric discharge whenever i try to do this move. The problem is i have almost no clue from where to start. what kind of sensor would i need to look at? and how could i activate the signal? i would appreciate any ideas.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
We all have habits, don't worry about it. Here is my scenario.

Ron: Heavy thought and tugging mustache.
Wife: You are tugging your mustache.
Ron: Yes, I am aware of that.
Wife: Why do you do that?
Ron; Kathy, we have been married for over 30 years and dated for 3 years. I am thinking about something.

Now that response has not changed in over 30 years. When I get into heavy thought like problem solving I tend to tug my mustache. All in all I have had a mustache for over 50 years and been tugging it that long when in deep thought. Now since this is nothing new why disturb my concentration with a stupid question you already know the answer to?

You do it so just don't worry about it. You are not alone in the Universe. I know woman who will twist strands of hair between thumb and fore finger and people who twist and ear lobe with a certain stimulus. Not a big deal and sure as hell nothing to be embarrassed about or seek professional help over.

Ron