Need to Determine RF Signal Strength...

vivekanantha7

Joined Dec 1, 2008
Can anyone Help me Design an RF Signal Strength Measurement Device? Let me Explain you how it should work. For a particular frequency, this device should be capable to determining RF Signal Strength of that frequency in Visual Form. Is there anyway to do this project using PIC microcontroller?

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Can anyone Help me Design an RF Signal Strength Measurement Device? Let me Explain you how it should work. For a particular frequency, this device should be capable to determining RF Signal Strength of that frequency in Visual Form. Is there anyway to do this project using PIC microcontroller?
Need a little more specific details. Is this for direct connection to a RF output circuit or just field strength with a small antenna ? How large a range of measurement do you wish?

Lefty

vivekanantha7

Joined Dec 1, 2008
Hi,
I may need both, because i am just planning to design some robot that locates an object through RF measurement. If you can help me out in this, please let me know both the Possibilities of RF measurement. Thanking you for the reply...

vivekanantha7

Joined Dec 1, 2008
The Circuit in the object will give out 433Mhz and for PC to robot communication, i wish to have it at 315Mhz. Wont these two signal get interfered.? I saw the link that you gave me. I think it was already designed one. Cant we make one ?

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008

Are you looking for relative field strength, or absolute, calibrated field strength? The former is trivially simple, the latter can be extremely difficult.

Eric

vivekanantha7

Joined Dec 1, 2008
Yes this is the Same thing is was searching for. while i was searching of RF Signal Measurement, i got many IC's name but it was little confusing one. Ok, let me find and use the IC, that you preferred me. Thank you for it...