Need some scrolling LED help

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So I need a scrolling red LED ticker to preferably buy premade in 4ft+ lenths and 6in to 1ft heights. Now most of the crap I'm finding comes with remote, or USB,etc.. I'm looking for something that just hooks up via UART or CAT5. I plan on having my own microcontroller powering them in singles or arrays. Any advice to links to circuits or where I could buy em. I found a couple really close ones on Allibaba but they said hooks up via USB, CAT5, and Remote. Didn't really wanna waist anyones time upstairs so I thought I'd ask you then move or post it there once its serious.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I got the controlling part of getting the data and processing it. I just need a basic ticker display I can write code for to display strings of text in UART preferably. All I need is the LED ticker like in the pic

I'd like to be able to buy panels in 4ft or longer segments so I can form the size I need.I don't want all the record XXXX words, remote control, etc.. I'm looking for something basic I can hook up via microcontroller and program the LED's lighting the way I want them for each charactor. I'm thinking of using the LPC1768 chip for the dataprocessing I just need the tickers to hook em up too. I can build em if I have too but would love a chinese or local place I can buy them premade. I can't imagine it be that hard, hopefully a chinese mnf can make what I'm looking for just by selling me incomplete units. Ideally I'd like to connect by CAT5, but I can make any kinda wire and plug I need. Cheap = Better!!! :) More Coding and plug making I can do the better, Less hardware I have to deal with from the MCU board the better. :) If someone can find something perfect for what I'm looking for I'll toss you a lil cash. Enough to go get drunk at least Or go have a steak dinner somewhere.