Need some help..

muralirmd

Joined Jan 4, 2009
Hi.
Im new to this forum and it is nice..I need a circuit of R/2R ladder with 36 nodes..voltage level is (0-3v).I have tried a lot but not able to get this circuit..Help me please..

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I agree with sgtwookie. The precision limitation of the components available to implement a 36 bit D-to-A would easily negate any benefits to be gained by going to such an extreme. I have encountered some 16-bit D-to-A convertors but 12 bits seems to be a practical lower limit for such designs.

hgmjr

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I worked for an outfit that made 25 bit R/2R A to D converters. The .01% resistors all from the same lot of resistance wire were a bit costly. Matching the conduction of each set of switching diodes was critical and tedious.

36 bits would not be attainable, as the lowest few bits would be unresolvable, due to being down in the quantum noise. Not too sure the R/2R ladder values would be possible.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Maybe I misinterpreted our OP - perhaps he wanted 36 discrete steps, which would be 6 bits? :confused: In that case, the link I posted shows a 5-bit R2/R ladder... adding one more pair would do it.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hopefully the OP will return and provide us with a much needed clarification.

Are you looking for 1 part in 68,719,476,735 or are you looking for 1 part in 36?

hgmjr