Need some help on electrical circuitary

aapl76

Joined Aug 14, 2007
hi!!!!! everybody...I am new to this board...

I have some questions for this two circuitries. I hope that you guys can help me out with it. thanxs....

cheers.

1) Current flow from positve to negative. Does it matter if the resistor is connected before the indication light or after the indication light? What are the implication if it is connected either before or after the indication light? The indication light becomes brighter in which way or it remain the same brightness for both connection?

2) If the indication light blow, will the current passes through the zener diode?

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
!. Electrons are the charge carriers, so current flow is from negative to positive. The resistor is a series element, so current is the same however it is in circuit.

2. Yes.

aapl76

Joined Aug 14, 2007
!. Electrons are the charge carriers, so current flow is from negative to positive. The resistor is a series element, so current is the same however it is in circuit.

2. Yes.
thanxs...btw, whats the function for the zener diode in this circuit? The resistor in this circuit is to reduce the voltage to maybe 24v to 48v for the light. Is it ok for me to install the resistor either before or after the light as according circuit 1 and 2? Are there any implication?

thanxs

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
zener gives u a constant o/p voltage across itself when voltage exceeds its breakdown by changing its resistance accordingly and allowing current in reverse direction.
the position of resistor does not make difference so long it is i series with zener and indication light parallel arrangement.