Need some help here!

srinath.msd

Joined Sep 19, 2011
Hey guys I'm pursuing an undergraduate degree in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. Currently in the final year. The project title I've chosen is ''Set point control & signal conditioning of a load cell based system using relays".

Now, I need help! Someone give me an idea on how to start and what is set point control exactly. I know what a set point is, but the concept of set point control is something I'm not able to grasp immediately.

I'm okay with soldering, drilling, whatever, but I need an idea to go on. How do I implement this? I'm doing the project in a small start up company, fyi. So please guys, I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks in advance! :)

srinath.msd

Joined Sep 19, 2011
haha i know that bro.. :p things work a bit differently here.. this is the title the company head gave me.. then he said "figure out how and what to do, get back to me with an idea".. i know what a load cell is, what a relay is, what set point is! the problem is i need to implement this project, and that's where i'm struggling.. really could use some help here man.. :(

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to talk to who ever proposed the project and ask them what the goal was that they had in mind. Otherwise it's just a bunch of words strung together in a meaningless gibberish.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Time to talk to the "customer" because you need a set of requirements with numbers and set of constraints with numbers, not just empty words.

My senior design project in Spring-Summer of 2013 was to design and build system that would remove 4-8 kW of heat, the user selects the heat load to remove in 0.5 kW increments. That's a requirement. It must work indoors in temperatures between 0-50°C. That's a requirement. We had some basic time interval in which system must respond to the changes in heat load. That's a requirement. We had size, noise, power constraints.

You got exactly zero info about your project.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
google, "set point control". Looks like PID to me. There is even a corporation named, "set-point control".

Still, the boss's definition is what you have to satisfy.