Need SOIC, SSOP convreter design

embpic

Joined May 29, 2013
i am looking for some converter for SOIC, SSOP to try it at home. i have some IC's and need to try some protoytype works.
so help me for design or post the if any have design such PCB's.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Go to EBay and type in the package size plus "adapter". Wade thru the results. Most places will be in China or the Philippines and sell these things for dirt cheap good quality, plus free (slow) shipping.

I keep plenty in stock in advance of need.

Attachments

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I tried once making my own PLCC-44 on single-sided PCB and it was huge. I agreed with takao21203 that it is a waste of time. I bought many of the adaptors from eBay Thailand, China and some locally.

Allen

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Think each hour of your time is worth $20, $50, $100.

Even soldering a USB socket and looking up the pin connections costs you more dollars than a ready-assembled adapter PCB.

Attachments

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Further more, unless you can make double-sided PCB with plate through holes, the single-sided adaptor PCB tends to be very weak. After using it for a few times on the breadboard, all the solder connections are becoming shaky.

Allen

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It's not just the time spent in trying to make adapters yourself; it's the many hours lost trying to troubleshoot problems due to those very same adapters being defective.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
To actually answer embpic's question, the ones I use typically look like so:

They have a different pattern on each side for SOIC and SSOP devices.

Attachments