need simple dc/dc regulator or converter

RamaD

Joined Dec 4, 2009
I was thinking of avoiding an external compensation and let the internal frequency compensation of LM2576 do the job - since the adder was with the unity gain, the frequency response will not get altered within the bandwidth of interest. Will such a thing affect the stability or the response time of the converter? Of course, since the Vref pin is not available directly, there could be variations arising out of a matching Vref under varying operating conditions.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I am not sure I see how you can add a unity gain amp and get the thing to do what you want, which is have the output regulate to 1/2 input voltage.

If there's a way, please post it. I'd like to learn how.

RamaD

Joined Dec 4, 2009
I have attached the schematic here. Sorry about the circuit being not neat. Hope I have got this right as crutschow pointed out!
The idea is to input the feedback pin with Vref when the output is what we wanted, and higher if the output is higher and vice versa. Since this stage is only an adder with a gain of 0 db and 0 phase shift, well almost, atleast till well beyond the crossover frequency, I thought it should not affect the stability. Would that be alright?
View attachment Buck Feedback.asc

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I have attached the schematic here. Sorry about the circuit being not neat. Hope I have got this right as crutschow pointed out!
The idea is to input the feedback pin with Vref when the output is what we wanted, and higher if the output is higher and vice versa. Since this stage is only an adder with a gain of 0 db and 0 phase shift, well almost, atleast till well beyond the crossover frequency, I thought it should not affect the stability. Would that be alright?
View attachment 47075
Looks OK to me.