Need Output 3.3V from input of 1.8V to 2.0V

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

Please help me to make the circuit ouput 3.3V to 5VDC from input 1.8V to 2.V. I have the circuit output only 1.8V but my Nail replay need min 2.9V to work. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi All,

Please help me to make the circuit ouput 3.3V to 5VDC from input 1.8V to 2.V. I have the circuit output only 1.8V but my Nail replay need min 2.9V to work. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Kevin
The part for you is TPS60211 from TI.
Very good little charge pump chip.
Very low quiescent and up to 100 mA output.
1.8 to 2.0V is its sweet spot for input voltages.
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tps60211.html

Only thing difficult is it's an MSOP so a bit hard to solder.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Without knowing your output current requirements, it will be difficult to make a recommendation.

You should also specify what the input current is, or if battery powered, what the AH or mAH rating of the battery is.

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Without knowing your output current requirements, it will be difficult to make a recommendation.

You should also specify what the input current is, or if battery powered, what the AH or mAH rating of the battery is.

I don't know what the output current. But the relay has not take 2.0V. My project output is only 2.0V and need at least 2.9 to 5V to operating the circuit.

Thanks,
Kevin

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
OK, then.
How much current do you need at 2.9v to 5v?

How much current is available at your project output without it sinking below 2v?

Unless you can tell us what kind of current is available, and what current you require, we cannot make a very good recommendation.

If your current requirement at 2.9v to 5v is low (say, <10mA), something like an ICL7660S may work well for you.

Keep in mind that to get 4v from 2v, you will need more than twice the current from the 2v supply than you can output, as no boost circuit is 100% efficient. Some are very close. About the best you can hope for is 90% efficiency from a typical boost circuit. Many are much less efficient.

AMIT_GOHEL

Joined Jul 13, 2010
Please let me know what is the input and output of your diagram? Why you are using transformer? Is that transformer?

Thanks,
Kevin

No u not need to use transformer,i'm talking abt ckt after transformer..

In a pic
Left-input ,Right-output.
At output side voltage will be doubled and fan-out will be half..

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
OK, then.
How much current do you need at 2.9v to 5v?

How much current is available at your project output without it sinking below 2v?

Unless you can tell us what kind of current is available, and what current you require, we cannot make a very good recommendation.

If your current requirement at 2.9v to 5v is low (say, <10mA), something like an ICL7660S may work well for you.

Keep in mind that to get 4v from 2v, you will need more than twice the current from the 2v supply than you can output, as no boost circuit is 100% efficient. Some are very close. About the best you can hope for is 90% efficiency from a typical boost circuit. Many are much less efficient.

I need 100mA output

Thanks,
Kevin