Need Multisim 7 Tutorial

Mastiff

Joined Jan 18, 2006
Hi. I'm new here, and new to electronics. I'm trying to learn, however. I'm working my way through Practical Electronics for Inventors by Paul Scherz. It seems like a good book. There are several things circuts that I want to work with.
I have a friend who lent me his laptop with Multisim 7 on it, but he can't lend me the books he has. Does anyone know of an online tutorial or users group for this? I did a google search, and this site was what I wound up with.

If I can't find a tutorial, would any of you guys be willing to make up some circuts if I can provide the diagrams? I'd be happy to pay for it. If not, can you tell me how much I should expect to pay locally?

I will keep working at this. There is so much you can do with electronics!
If you don't think I belong in this group, please let me know. I hate to annoy people, and if that is what my elementary questions are doing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
I don't have multisim but would be glad to draw up what I can with the free software I have. I am sure some tutorials are available on line. Will look around.

-fire

Mastiff

Joined Jan 18, 2006
Well, thanks anyway, guys. I appreciate those of you who looked at the post. I'll just keep looking for info. Take care.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Mastiff,

The only tutorial I have come across for MultiSim Electronics Workbench is: http://csserver.evansville.edu/~blandfor/WrkBnchTutorial.pdf (NB: Its a pdf)

Its pretty high-level stuff but you can get a few ideas of how MultiSim works if thats what your looking for.

Other than that could you not get the books your friend has from a library - many universities will have open access to their libraries so that you could lend the books without having to buy them. Its a consideration.

Dave

Mastiff

Joined Jan 18, 2006
Dave, thanks very much for your reply. I didn't know universities had open access to their libraries. I'll check this out.
I'm downloading that PDF file. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Dave@Jan 22 2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Mastiff,

The only tutorial I have come across for MultiSim Electronics Workbench is: http://csserver.evansville.edu/~blandfor/WrkBnchTutorial.pdf (NB: Its a pdf)

Its pretty high-level stuff but you can get a few ideas of how MultiSim works if thats what your looking for.

Other than that could you not get the books your friend has from a library - many universities will have open access to their libraries so that you could lend the books without having to buy them. Its a consideration.

Dave
[post=13325]Quoted post[/post]​

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Mastiff@Jan 25 2006, 08:21 AM
Dave, thanks very much for your reply. I didn't know universities had open access to their libraries. I'll check this out.
I'm downloading that PDF file. Thanks again.
[post=13450]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi Mastiff,

This is certaily the case in Manchester, UK, where I live. The infamous John Rylands library is open to the public for educational research. I'm sure that it must be similar else where. The best thing to do is to contact your local university, they may be able to lend you the book on a 7-day loan at least.

Good luck.

Dave