Need Motor of 5 to 12VDC to lift the handle Help

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

I am doing project need to lift the handle up for 20second and stop to release the handle. I am thinking the circuit with Motor to lift the handle. Do you know or have any information relate to this project, please let me know.

Thanks, in advance.

Kevin

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
need to lift the handle up for 20second and stop to release the handle
"The handle" implies you have some specific handle in mind. We can't help until we know about that handle and about how some motor might be mounted. It might turn out that a solenoid would work better.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is not informative. Can you say what the mass is and how far it must be lifted? Is there a specific requirement to use a motor?

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
You'll obviously need some sort of mechanical interface between the solenoid and the handle and of course some sort of circuit to provide power to the solenoid when you desire it to be activated.

Tomax

Joined Sep 3, 2010
you can use strong electromagnet for lifting the handle . u can also use timer for the ckt to cut the supply to the electromagnet after 20 sec.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Do you have more detail such as diagram about the mechanical ?
Can't say that I ever had any need to design, construct, test, debug and then fully document any sort of device like that.

You're obviously going to have to do some of your own thinking and esperimenting here - every door, latch, solenoid etc is going to be different.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Use a gear reduced motor to turn a cam which lifts the handle. A switch, SW-1, [should be SW-2 for schematic], closes at maximum lift. Motor only turns counter clockwise. A latching relay controles motor. Handle lift starts when SW-1 is closed momentarly, latching Ry, motor turns untill SW-2 closes- generating a neg. pulse setting 555 high, turning off PNP SW for 20 sec. After 20 sec. motor continues momentarly untill cam drops handle- opening SW-2 which generates a + pulse to NPN T which momentarly shorts Ry causing it to drop out, stopping operation.

Attachments