Need mechanical Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

I have a question and need your help. I have a DC Gear Motor of 12V to lift the object weight 4 pounds up to 15 inches. I am looking for free drop after Motor lift the object up. I think about that for save power use only one way motor, other way for free moving and drop the object down. I don't know how to construct mechanical to make it free moving down, I think you are can help me with it, please let me know your suggestion and diagram is helpful. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Kevin

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
A sketch of the layout would be nice.

Gear motors, unless the reduction is extremely high, will often backwind by gravity on the load lifted after the power is cut. tho' this isn't what you are asking for

Does your scheme include a method to latch your load in the up posit. ??? prior to freedropping ??

There are a couple not-too-awful-complex ways to do what you need, which lack the requested info.

Last edited:

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi PackratKing,

I am not good on mechanical. I just need to free drop after lift up the object. Is there any mechanical make this free moving?

Thanks,
Kevin

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Yes, I did but I lost it and now I have seen it gain. The new one I put more detail. Do you have any idea of my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.