Need info on a VARIAC adjustable transformer 100-Q

chrszlpk213

Joined Jul 22, 2012
Hello everyone,

I could use a little help here. I acquired a VARIAC adjustable transformer 100-Q. The thing is I have no knowledge of these or application. It looks to be in great shape, but is missing the outer plates which is exposing the core. I plan on selling it but have had no luck in my digging around. Any information would be helpful including worth of the item in it's current state. I have not tested it so I am unsure if it works.

Thanks!

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Have you tried to Google "100 Q Variac"? You will be surprised at the result. When trying to sell it post clear pictures. If the windings show signs of overheating, you will probably have it for a long time.

chrszlpk213

Joined Jul 22, 2012
I have checked google and seen a few things about it. You say the windings could show signs of overheating though. I am not seeing any sign of overheating, that's if I'm looking in the right area. Everything seems clean and barely used. No discoloration or burning on panel or coil. Are these hard to find or desirable?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If there are no signs of discoloring, that is a good thing. As far as whether they are hard to find or desirable..... totally in the eye of those that may need one.