Need Ideas on Undergraduate Thesis

beni

Joined Jan 23, 2009
I'm taking up electronics and communications engineering; I've been thinking about this for months now and all I could say is that I'm stuck!!!:( I just can't come up with a decent idea for a thesis. So far, here's what I've come up with:

• LED Classroom lighting

• wireless headphone using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology) (I think this one is already old news)

• wireless printer using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology)

• wireless projector using bluetooth technology (or other wireless technology)
It doesn't need to be grand or anything like that.
Something that is a low profile yet have a high impact. Maybe something to do with the environment.:confused: Anything really!!! Just to refresh the mind, a breath of fresh air.

Thanks.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Just from an earlier experience - come up with an inexpensive means to set up weather stations with the school's computer system.

I worked for a university shop that set up a remote weather station in an ag experiment field inside the city limits. When we put the system on the university site, it typically got over 200,000 hits/month. Instead of seeing what the weather guessers think is going on, you can actually see what the weather really is doing nearby.

It is a valuable service to the community.

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Here's a digital design problem I've been wondering about: Set up a traffic light controller for an entire city that coordinates lights so that people doing the speed limit don't get stuck at light after light.