Need ideas for circuit design

RockManX77777

Joined Mar 8, 2011
Hi, first of all, and I hope this is the right place to post this; this is my first post. I'm also not sure the title is very accurate.

I'm to create "project" of my choice for my Electronics Lab. The circuit may consist of Op Amps, Diodes, Timers, and I may used more components if I desire or need except logic gates and micro controller.

In the last project, we used timers to create a robot that would move powered by two motors standing on their shaft. Each motor had an adjustable speed. A timer was used to create a delay from when one pushed the switch to when the robot started moving.

I'd like to build something that can top that, but I'm not sure I know the capabilities of these components. I'm not looking for a circuit, just for ideas of what I could design. I was thinking of creating a fan that would be sensitive to light and spin faster in the dark, but it seems a little too simple.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate it.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
"Ideal diode", or "active" rectifiers (logic controlled MOSFETs) are useful for squeezing efficiency out of wind and solar energy applications. Not novel or much fun to look at, but practical.