Need Hydraulic Pressure Regulator!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Resticted, May 24, 2013.

  1. Resticted

    Thread Starter New Member

    May 16, 2013
    I need high pressure hydraulic regulator,

    Minimum Requirements:-

    Flow rate :- 50-60 liter per minute

    Regulator's port size :- 3/4, 1 inch (NPT)

    Pressure :- 200 bars (2900.7 PSI)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  2. wayneh


    Sep 9, 2010
    Is there a reason you don't want to use a commercially available solution? A DIY approach is probably a violation of the Terms of Service here, given the potential safety issue.
  3. Rbeckett


    Sep 3, 2010
    There are any number of off the shelf, safe components that will allow you to manage your hydraulics very easily. Home made is definitely a serious safety issue. They should probably go ahead and close this thread pretty quick. Sorry.

  4. Resticted

    Thread Starter New Member

    May 16, 2013
    @Above two: i didn't ask for DIY solution i just asked about the product which matches my requirement, Thank you for underestimating !
  5. Meixner


    Sep 26, 2011
    Why are you asking us ? This is an electronics forum, search for yourself.
  6. bertus


    Apr 5, 2008
  7. dthx


    May 2, 2013
    Hold up eveyone...I know there are rules to follow but what this person is asking for is not least in my world.
    I designed hydraulic systems for 30 years.
    I guess what he is asking for is a pressure relief valve....a common component and not unsafe...
    What he is asking for can be had from any major component manufacturer...
    I would recommend Sun, Rexroth and Vickers (made by Eaton)
    60 liters per min is about 15 gallons per minute....that would be OK in a 1/2 " size but these fine companies would all have catalogs....
    You cannot build this yourself..unless you have a CNC machine and a lot of will power..It will cost about $80.00 USD
    2900.7 psi huh....? your'll have to get a 3500 psi setting though to be able to crank it down to 2900...and get a good resolution...
    The boys are right though....this is not the forum for your question...
    Now if you want a relief valve that you can set electronically ...they have those too...
    Please dont kick me off this forum....
    These are very safe components...
    However, Sir or can find all you need to know at the Hydrulic and site.....they have a forum too...
  8. Wendy


    Mar 24, 2008
    Chill dude, being confrontational will get you in trouble, if you wish to moderate start your own forum, not here. No one shut this thread down, we moved it out of the electronics areas because it was not electronics.

    If you don't like it here just leave, but stop the trash talk.

    Thank you for pointing out the other forum, the OP is likely to get the help he needs there more so than here.
  9. JoeJester

    AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 26, 2005
    There are a lot of things in my world that are safe to the trained individual, yet unsafe for others to attempt. It's like that for every group. There is nothing preventing anyone from carrying on a discussion with another about any topic ... outside of these forums for any DIY project that is against the rules here.

    The OP never stated they were seeking a recommendation for a commercially designed item till post number 4.

    And yes, I agree you should stay in these forums. The more the merrier.
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  10. Rbeckett


    Sep 3, 2010
    I apologize for under estimating your need, but normally this is the type of question we are asked and the answer is usually the same as I gave you. Dealing with high pressure can be life threatening if not done properly and I was only concerned for your health. Several suppliers have been mentioned and they are all reputable manufacturers so the parts will definitely meet your specs. I would suggest that you obtain a catalog from a couple of them to assist your search.

    Wheelchair Bob
  11. strantor

    AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 3, 2010
    So... Is it an electrically controlled variable pressure regulator you want? Or a regular old manual regulator with hand turn valve?