Need help!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
At least you can try to copy the content on the working chip to a new one. Given that you use the correct chip the AT24C256B. It is worth a try. If it do not work. You have done what you could. If you have a PIC MCU with I2C module. It should be quite easy to set this up on your workbench

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Haa! What do I have to get ?
Well the best thing is to start with a nice and tidy workbench. The simplest thing is to get a PIC with with a MSSP module. Like the PIC16F877A. A note not all pics have a MSSP module. Some only have a SSP module. So do not confuse the MSSP with SSP. I think the MSSP is more common on the 18F series PICs. I have an AN that may help you
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en022623
By using different setting on the A0-A2 lines you can hook both the target and source to the same port. In this setting you can speed up things by using page read/write.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ok .. I am willing to do tht. I have that PIC. Let me check.

Just remember, this is far more out of my mental thing u are telling me to do.

By the way, what bench do I have to tidy up?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I was thinking in terms of doing this on breadboard. With a simple C-program. And some LEDs for status/progress. Nothing more fancy than that

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
It is very simple. You install the program and chooose on which COM port you have the SIProg hardware connected. Then you just select which chip you´re using and select command -> read. This reads the eeprom, you can also save it into a file.
Then you connect a blank chip and select command -> write.