Need help with Voice chip

Desert Rat

Joined Sep 8, 2009
I need to make a simple sound module that can record at least 60 seconds of sound and then be put in a loop so it can run continuosly. It does not have to be re-recordable. Can anyone help me?

jp0304

Joined Mar 11, 2009
hi,
I'm interrested too by this kind of components i found the ISD2564P from Winpond , I' m waiting for it from my local distributors. The datasheet give some test circuits.

Winpond do a lot of this kind of components

waiting for your solutions

JP

Desert Rat

Joined Sep 8, 2009
Hi JP,

My knowledge in this area is VERY limited. I don't know if I need a CODEC chip, a ChipCorder, or what. I think there must be a very cheap way of making these, I do need at least 20, but I'm lost where to start. I have one by an unknown manufacturer and all it is comprised of is a board with a general amplifier and a small 8 pin IC that I cannot read the numbers on, no other electronics. Could the IC be just a memory chip that can run a program and play the sound?

Thanks for the response.

Rat

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Why not try buying some of those greeting cards that ley you record a little message then play it back? With a battery attached they must be able to do what you need althoguh it might need an amp.

Or alternatively, this is a complete assembled PIC controller on a PCB that can play 30/60 seconds of sound (depending on sample rate) and has a tiny amp built in. Having a PIC on-baord (an open source firmware) you could make it control your whole device;
www.TalkBotBrain.com

Desert Rat

Joined Sep 8, 2009
Hi RB, Thanks for the info.

I have looked at the greeting cards with recording capability but I can't get them to play continuosly. I will have to research the PIC controllers and see if that will work. The robot brain was interesting but pricey.