Need help with Pressure washer time off delay system

3PedalMINI

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Here it is with your OL assembly in place.

It's a little light on wire room in the bottom, but #8 or 10 should fit.

I put 2 3/4" entries(KOs) in the bottom.
That looks so awesome! :D

Very clean in there

Looking foward to getting this hooked up and finally washing with this! its been way to long

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
That looks so awesome! :D

Very clean in there............:pNot really, I tried to use most existing parts, layout and wiring. I couldn't have started from scratch and met your budget. Heck, time-wise, I didn't now!:D:D

Looking foward to getting this hooked up and finally washing with this! its been way to long
At risk of being a stuck record.

Turn switch to hand= motor runs.
Turn switch to auto= motor runs until switch wires are connected for time period.
Disconnect wires motor starts instantly.

Communication is the key. I hope we are on the same page.

3PedalMINI

Joined Jul 13, 2014
Totally want us to be on the same page!

Following:

with the switch in the OFF position Nothing runs, only the wall pressure will come out of the wand when the gun handle is squeezed

With the switch in "hand" mode the motor runs giving me pressure when the handle on the gun is squeezed

With the switch to "Auto" motor does NOT run until the handle is squeezed, Motor is activated once the handle is squeezed and the motor runs giving me pressure. When handle is released and no water flowing through it then activates the timer (leaving the motor running) for the 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds it shuts the MOTOR off waiting to be "restarted". IF the handle is squeezed within the countdown it needs to reset and wait for water to stop flowing re-initiating the sequence.

The whole reason for the off delay is when your pressure washing and have to stop washing to readjust the hose or something else i dont want the motor to continually come on and off with the handle being pressed and depressed. Its hard on the pump and the motor coming on and off in such quick successions.

The reason i cant just keep the motor running during the duration of washing the cars is there are periods of 10-15 minutes that your scrubbing and you cant keep the pump running that long without it damaging the internals.

Here is a good explanation of what im trying to achieve from another pressure washer company:
The Daimer exclusive AST® (Automatic Shutoff Technology®) is a proprietary system reducing normal wear and tear and significantly extending the life of pumps and other components. When used, this control starts and stops the motor/pump automatically when the trigger gun gun is operated. All other brands of standard pressure washers continue to run when the gun is off - pump re-circulates the water. The Super Max® 6000 AST® offers two functions with this advanced technology. The "off" function has an adjustable 30 second delay which kicks in and stops the pump after 30 seconds of inactivity to prevent overheating. The "on" function is instantaneous.
http://www.daimer.com/power-washers-automatic-shutoff-technology/

Thanks!! I think how you have it is currently correct?

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
I think it's correct also.

Seems the switch works opposite of the listed specs.

Can't explain it. Just glad you got it working.

This is what you have after the changes.

Attachments

Last edited:

MeganPark

Joined Dec 2, 2014
Hello I got a problem on my pressure washer. The chemical / soap injector is not working at all. Could you please give me an advice how to fix this? Thanks a lot!

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to the forum.
You have hijacked someone else's thread and the topic is not the same. You are more likely to get help if you start your own thread with an appropriate title.